How Muslims Celebrated Islamophobia Awareness Month
December 9, 2012
"Islamophobic prejudice is worryingly prevalent in the mainstream; on display in political life, in the the [sic] media and in the attitudes of the police and the courts." So said a poster for Islamophobia Awareness Month, which Muslims in Britain and Europe marked with a series of events throughout November. The inaugural event in London on November 2 featured talks from human rights lawyer Imran Khan; Peter Oborne, the chief political commentator for The Daily Telegraph; Labour MP Jeremy Corbyn; Lindsey German of the Stop the War Coalition; and many others. But other Muslims worldwide had their own creative ways to mark the special month:
- In Florida , two Muslim brothers, Raees Alam Qazi and Sheheryar Alam Qazi, were charged with conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction in the cause of jihad to commit mass murder of Americans.
- In Tehran , Muslims brutally murdered and dismembered a Jewish woman, in the crowning episode of an ongoing attempt to seize her property for use by an adjoining mosque.
- In Moscow , a Muslim, Ilyas Saidov, received a fifteen-year prison sentence for his role in plotting jihad-martyrdom suicide bombing attacks.
- In Baghdad , Sunni Muslims used three car bombs to murder 23 Shi'ite Muslims who were participating in processions for Ashura, the Shi'ite mourning festival marking the death of the Shi'ite leader Husayn bin Ali in the battle of Karbala against the Sunnis in the year 680.
- In Norway, a Muslim politician, Khalid Haji Ahmed, wrote on Facebook : "Damn Jew whores, wish Hitler could come back and shower you some more."
- A Florida imam, Abu Taubah (a.k.a. Marcus Robertson), was exposed  as having ties to the Blind Sheikh, Omar Abdel Rahman, mastermind of the 1993 World Trade Center jihad bombing.
- Hamas's official al-Aqsa TV station ran a music video  containing the words: "Killing Jews is worship that draws us close to Allah."
- In India , a young Muslim who had appeared on a television show speaking about his fear of being honor-killed for marrying without his parents' consent was indeed murdered.
- In Libya , a jihadist group claiming to operate under authority of the Ministry of the Interior kidnapped twelve men it accused of homosexual activity, and threatened them with mutilation and execution.