Our Naked President
by BILL SIEGEL
July 2, 2015
In 1958, former FBI Special Agent W Cleon Skousen published The Naked Communist in which he listed the then current communist goals for infiltrating, transforming, and ultimately taking over America. A hero to some, fringe writer to others, Skousen had a perspective both fascinating and shocking to reexamine today in light of recent events including those concerning the Iranian nuclear "negotiation," gay marriage, Obamacare, power grabs of both Presidents Barack Obama and Vladimir Putin, the advance of Islam, the support for illegal immigration, the ubiquitous charge of "racism," the endless expansion of "civil rights," and the dismantling of our Constitution.
Given Barack Obama's success in executing the "fundamental transformation" of America, Skousen's list gives profound insight into what might truly motivate the nation's "smartest president ever." While Obama cleverly attempts to sell his many efforts as just small steps here or there in simply "deliverin' to the folks a little something extra" as we slowly progress toward "a more perfect union," his whack-a-mole shotgun assault upon all aspects of American life more perfectly models a systematic and well-orchestrated march toward many of these very goals.
Meanwhile, most members of our mainstream media - executives, on air personalities, writers, editors, and producers alike along with an advertiser base that supports much of the enterprise - are, at best, merely able to express exasperation and confusion as to why Obama does as he does. Pretending to hold meaningful "conversations" about the President and his key associates, our mainstream media collusively avoids any genuinely honest effort to explore Obama's true motivations in seeking the destruction of our nation as it was formed and intended to develop and thrive.
It is important to avoid focusing on charged words such as "communism," "socialism," or "fascism" as they often carry associations and meanings specific to the user or listener. As with Islam and other such systems, modernity pressures changes in appearances if not formulations such that the "communist" of the 50's would not appear in similar manner today. What is significant about Skousen's list of goals are the constructs, tactics and outcomes to which they attach, not the categorical headings under which they might fit.
Of the 45 goals in Skousen's list, some obviously do not fit today's changed circumstances while others are far more devastating than originally fathomed. Still, the entire list is provided to furnish proper context. Repeated as read into the Congressional record in 1963, the goals below speak for themselves and show just how far Obama, top aide Valerie Jarrett (herself from a family with various communist associations) and fellow comrades have advanced a great deal of this decades-old vision.
(In 1958)-CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS:
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev's promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms."
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art."
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy."
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a "religious crutch."
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the "big picture." Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture--education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand or treat.
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use "united force" to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction over nations and individuals alike.
The Islamic threat was not on Skousen's radar in the 1950's and it has severely metastasized since then. Obama's foreign policy, which has alienated our traditional allies while demonstrating steadfast loyalty to both the Muslim Brotherhood and the regime leading the Islamic Republic of Iran, seems to have "evolved" coherently from Skousen's goals. Despite a Sunni-Shia difference, these two share much in common - a utopian supremacist collectivist (at least for the masses) vision, modernized organizational skills and reach, a desire to cause relentless chaos in the Middle East to uproot the tyrannical regimes that fail to appropriately adhere to Islam (most notably the Saudi Royal Family), a desire to obtain control of the oil resources to help further expand Islam and Sharia across the globe, and most notably a deep hatred for Jews, Israel, and America.
In recent times, the "Far Left" has found common cause with our Islamic enemies. The Muslim Brotherhood and the Iranian lobby have been able to form agenda alliances with Leftist and anti-Israeli groups including the politically potent Center for American Progress and the ACLU. As with Sunnis and Shiites, there is much they can accomplish together before they need settle up between them.
Is it any wonder then that Obama might orchestrate "negotiations" (some insist they are a simple and seemingly endless giveaway while others even postulate the deal was made long ago between Valerie Jarrett and her long time Iranian family friend and regime loyalist, Ali Velayati; the interim sequence of discussions being simply a manipulation of expectations for show) to empower Iran while overseeing the decimation of our own military and particularly our nuclear assets? Is it any wonder Obama and compatriot Hillary Clinton would facilitate the overthrow of Egypt's Hosni Mubarak and Libya's Moammar Khadafy and, despite years to plan otherwise, leave upon our exit from Iraq enough arms for ISIS and others to continue stirring the requisite regional chaos? Consider the infiltration of Muslim Brotherhood associated persons permitted, if not installed, throughout all levels of our government directing, among other things, training related to Islam and terrorism. Is doing the barest minimum while declaring that ISIL will be degraded and ultimately destroyed anything more than keeping up appearances? Would not installing the Brotherhood's Mohammad Morsi atop Egypt while eliminating sanctions on the Iranian regime provide staggering resources to fund these two best and largest organized instigators of global terrorism and Islamic pressure? Consider the disgraceful abuse of American goodwill in misusing refugee resettlement operations to insure a rapidly rising Muslim settlement, all in accord with the Muslim Brotherhood's Civilization Jihad plan for America. Is it worth examining if Obama's outright refusal to protect our borders is in any way tied to the intent to materially change the makeup of our population? And so on...
Skousen's list provides a broader background against which to more honorably probe our president's "legacy" as it stands to date; a background to stand up side by side with those who populated Obama's own - Frank Marshall Davis, Reverend Wright, Bill Ayers, Louis Farrakhan, Edward Said, Rashid Khalidi, and so on.
Days before Obama's first election, media icons Tom Brokaw and Charlie Rose famously admitted they didn't "know a lot about Barack Obama and the universe of his thinking about foreign policy" or "what Barack Obama's worldview is." Shamefully, the mainstream media has failed to subsequently meaningfully advance the ball, having disingenuously avoided any truly serious probe into how Obama's real background, associations, and ideological leanings have guided his endeavors. Because our media elites and opinion leaders refuse to open their eyes, they wind up in an endless loop expressing exasperated bewilderment over how Obama could execute his presidency in the manner he does. They prefer to end asking, "Doesn't Obama understand that...?" or coaching, "Obama needs to do this or that..." rather than ever suggest that our brilliant president knows exactly what he is doing.
They will always choose to impute good intentions to Obama, attributing any negative outcome to what they have now made acceptable for him - lack of experience, naïveté', poor leadership skills, chasing a legacy at any cost, even a still youthful fancy if not ego, boredom or shyness. They will not charge, much less consider however, any other intent or ideological calling.
While Skousen's book was entitled The Naked Communist, our mainstream media has resolutely refused to undress our president and reveal his true motivations in similar naked form. Keeping their eyes covered, they just may have unconsciously sensed something far more obscene than imaginable.
Bill Siegel is the author of The Control Factor- Our Struggle to See the True Threat published by Hamilton Books.